Strategic Transport & Logistics PlanningModel multiple scenarios for improved transport efficiency
PTV's Route Optimiser software can help you reduce transport costs by up to 25% through logistics planning and route optimisation, whilst also improving your fleet utilisation and driver productivity.
PTV strategic logistics modelling software allows you to objectively evaluate alternative distribution strategies and calculate transport resource requirements. This enables different strategies to be checked for viability and compared objectively, so that well informed policy decisions can be made.
You can evaluate transport and distribution options such as:
- Integrating separate operations to improve overall efficiency
- Combining collections into your delivery routes
- Optimising your depot network
- Planning efficient territories
- Adjusting your core fleet size
- Changing the mix of vehicles in your fleet
- Double shifting your vehicles
- Planning for seasonal peaks and troughs
- Modelling customer time window offerings
You can then calculate transport routes and schedules for operations with a single depot, and multiple depots can be planned centrally with integrated fleets for more detailed analysis of your distribution options.
PTV generates routes and schedules for each strategic option, reporting the total time and distance incurred, vehicle utilisation, driver productivity, overall resource requirements and the overall cost.